This photo is the first time exposure of the stars I've ever taken (I took several more in different places, but it's hard to take a lot of them, since they are usually about a half hour exposure and it takes its toll on my battery pretty quick). It is right outside of our room in Glacier on Lake McDonald. It's amazing that you can still kind of see the snow on some of the mountains and the stones on the bottom of the lake. It was amazing to see where the stars seem to just create a circle from being far enough north to see the stars whirl around the North Pole. I think I might end up doing a lot of writing about my pictures from this trip, it was inspiring and that usually means that I then have a lot to say. It's nice to be home, but my mind keeps wandering over the "Going to the Sun" road, climbing high into exquisite glacially carved valleys admiring what George Bird Grinnell called "The Crown of the Continent". There will be a lot more to come, probably spread out over several months, since I don't want to overload you with Montana and Glacier...so stay tuned.

2 comments:
Sweet picture Joel! And it's only the beginning of your time exposure adventure.
Thanks Jen, haven't seen you in a while, hope your arts work is going well. If you're ever in San Diego give Cindi and I a call.
Post a Comment