Monday, February 12, 2007

On the Rock Creek Plains

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Too bad there's a cloud behind the tree.

Polarizer for the darker area of the sky?

Edwin E. Delano said...

Yeah, the sky was super blue this day and the polarizer really did the trick to bring that out. I had another shot of this earlier or later (I can't remember which now) in the day without a cloud, but the light wasn't as good.

Lúthien Táralóm said...

I love this snap. It's, almost perfect.
Well done.
If you have the time, could you tell me what a polariser is?

Edwin E. Delano said...

A Polarizer or Polarizing Filter is used to bring out colors in certain situations (most frequently blue skies) it also reduces haze and light reflection off of certain surfaces. It is simply a filter that screws onto the front of a lens. In this case the blue sky was dramatically darkened while leaving everything else relatively unchanged. If you want more info just go to wikipedia.com and type in Polarizing Filter and you should get a lot more info than I'm able to dispense quickly.