Wednesday, October 18, 2006

As The Forest Comes Rushing In

5 comments:

Lúthien Táralóm said...

Thank you. Your link's on my site now. Maybe you could chek my site if you had the time. It's quite new but it's coming up pretty well.
And about this picture, it just keeps striking me as something of what a tree would be like in Wordsworth's mind. Very pantheistic.

Edwin E. Delano said...

Yeah, I somehow did it on accident while taking this shot the first time. I liked the effect it gave and then tried to perfect it. I ended up using this trick a couple more times during the trip, but it only works if you have a really dense filter or really low light.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I love it.

anon 123 123 said...

Okay, long exposure while zooming -that sorta answers my question. So, did the shifting sunbeams make this insane or was that your photoshop doing? How long of exposure?

Edwin E. Delano said...

Actually, the sunbeams are mostly created by the long exposure zoom, everything in the picture happened "in camera", no photoshop. The sunbeams are an illusion created by zooming, because the woods in the back were brighter than the ones in front, so they streaked as I pulled the zoom in. The exposure was probably 1-3 seconds.