This is the picture I spoke of in my last post. This was the last picture I took before we dashed off to the car to catch a train to catch a bus to catch a plane. We were supposed to fly out the night before, but our flight got canceled due to weather so we had to stay one more night. After all the stress of the night before and the impending stress of trying to leave again, I found this moment of solace out on the side of the hill outside of Dave and Kathy's house at about 6:30am. As I stood out there soaking in the beauty of the morning I wanted to sit down and breathe in the beauty and not rush away. I could hear the humming freeway not to far away and thought about the beauty we miss every day as we rush on with our lives. It was wonderful to take a moment, and this picture is the epitome and summarization of our trip. I would like to thank all of my friends who were able to attend (and have attended similar gatherings) for being willing to take the time out (then and now) and share in the beauty of being with friends both old and new. People who you are always happy to see, especially as the years move us apart on the map, and people who are always happy to see you. A quiet cheers to those people, you don't want to wake the neighbors, but if you did, hopefully they will see the beauty in people united.P.S. And most fittingly... A Happy Thanksgiving to All.
3 comments:
Absolutely stunning shot: any chance of a wallpaper-sized version (1440x900 or so)? This would look fantastic on my desktop!
Cheers to friends and sunrise/sunsets.
Lovely, as always, my Lou. xoxo
Post a Comment