Friday, September 14, 2007

Broken Fridge, Broken Into, and Sushi Break!

The saga of breaks continues... My fridge broke and got replaced today. Sadly the landlord didn't measure the height of the new fridge and we have custom cabinetry above the fridge and the new fridge was exactly 1 inch to tall, so the cabinets had to be rehung. A big dumb ordeal. My car was broken into and the radio stolen. Which is lame. I love having music in my car, it keeps me sane.
But then there was the executive board room break. It was sushi themed. So, sushi, sake, green tea and Voss bottled water were the menu items. The sushi guys put together a very cool platter with bamboo as a center piece, but they were supposed to prepare the different kinds onto separate plates, because the one platter was too busy visually, but when I got to it it was too late. I tried my best to get some close-ups to try to separate the types, but it was difficult. I also got pictures of the sake and bottle water (not pictured) and the green tea. It looked pretty tasty, but after more than two hours of it sitting out, and a prior experience with sushi food poisoning (not from my hotel, it's the only place I will eat sushi now) I was loathe to eat any of it.




1 comment:

Amanda Swann said...

Sounds like you had a rough day. I love the shot of the sashimi shaped like a rose. It all looks delicious!