So, I've been pretty light on the pictures recently and that has been because I have been busy. the Crowne Plaza San Diego, formerly the Hanalei Hotel, hosted Tiki Oasis 7 about 2 weeks ago. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. We had a tiki bazaar, live music and DJ all day by the pool and then bands and dancing on the lawn at night. There were a lot of people and I hope they come back for many years to come, it was fun, it was everything a hotel event in the summer should be. One of the guys brought in this giant 20 foot tall tiki bar that he built (and builds for sale), seen below, that just barely fit getting into the pool courtyard area, and from the experience of helping him move it, it was no small task. He hopes to bring another next year, but built sectionally, for easier transport. The eyes on it glowed red at night and there was a timer mechanism that would release steam, fog, smoke or whatever out of the nose and eyes every 20 minutes or so. The main stage had two side platforms built for go-go dancers and similar ilk. I rarely have such an enjoyable time while working. So, here are a few pictures I was able to snap while working. I'll have another post in a few days concerning a much more boring topic, but will hopefully explain some of my lack of posting.



No comments:
Post a Comment