It is unclear how many waterfalls there actually are in Yellowstone. Most counts put it over forty-five. However I was just watching a thing that said that waterfalls are still being discovered. This isn't out of the question since a large majority of the park is back country and Yellowstone is bigger than Rhode Island and Delaware combined.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Tower Falls
It is unclear how many waterfalls there actually are in Yellowstone. Most counts put it over forty-five. However I was just watching a thing that said that waterfalls are still being discovered. This isn't out of the question since a large majority of the park is back country and Yellowstone is bigger than Rhode Island and Delaware combined.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
According to a fairly recent book on Yellowstone waterfalls, the actual number is closer to 300, but that depends on how you define a waterfall.
But, yes, some are still being discovered, though my guess is these guys have found most of them. There are some absolutely spectacular ones that they have only seen - and the few who have gone off trail to find what they've found.
Cheers,
Jim
Thanks, in trying to find a number of waterfalls in Yellowstone all I kept coming across was numbers in the 40s, which seemed low. I remember from the program I saw that the number was shockingly high and 300 would fit the bill.
Post a Comment