Anyways, after reviewing the photos I realized I need to break this up into three posts. And I'll warn you now this may be very boring, but it was a job of sort for my job... I work for the Banquet and Convention Services department for the Crowne Plaza San Diego. Crowne Plaza was doing an inter-brand contest concerning my department. They wanted interesting and creative breaks, which are the food and beverage setups when meeting attendees take that coveted 15 minute hiatus from whatever seminar they are attending, or it's that morning rush for fruit and pastry before you jockey for a good seat in the meeting room.
We were tasked with three separate setups. A Morning Meeting Break (Continental Coffee Break), an Executive Boardroom setup, and an Afternoon Meeting Break. The planning and building of these breaks was delegated to some of my counterparts within the Food and Beverage Department (a representative from Banquets, Kitchen, and the Restaurant). I was asked for any ideas I had once they had "themed the breaks" and gave them my thoughts, but my task was to photograph the breaks. Which was a much longer undertaking than I had originally thought, but it was a nice change of pace from my usual workday.
We won in the category of Afternoon Meeting Break, but we will start with the morning break today. This was just a continental "fruit, pastry, coffee, and juice" break. I might not show the wide shots of the breaks, but just give you a closer impressionistic view of the breaks. (or I might) And my apologies for any boredom, we'll get back to "art" pictures soon. But on the upside for tomorrow: Sushi!!!




2 comments:
Nice. The rose cookies on leaves are particularly classy.
Those are actually butter rosettes. I've had people think they are ice cream or any number of things. It's kind of funny to watch their reaction when you tell them it's butter.
Post a Comment